Terrence Higgins Trust presents LoveSexy – Black, a free interactive discussion group and playshop for Black gay and bisexual men who love men. Let’s talk!
As well as a hearty discussion about a range of issues affecting our lives as black men, the playshop will look at our barriers to love, what’s ‘great sex with less harm’, and explore how we can be intimate and sexual in ways that celebrates who we are as individuals. Facilitator: Vernal Scott of Terrence Higgins Trust.
Free entry and refreshments – and two lucky men will leave with prizes!
February is LGBT History Month, so part of the discussion will look at our journey so far. We’ll also look at where we are now and how we want our lives to be in five years from now.
We will be meeting again on Tuesday 21st March at the same time and venue, where will again be delving beneath the surface of hooking up to clarify our needs and desires when it comes to love, sex and intimacy.
Ask Vernal about free rapid HIV testing. (email@example.com)
- Know what is safer sex and what is not?
- Find sex and love confusing or make sacrifices when it comes to love and intimacy?
- Experience racism in the gay community and on apps like Grindr etc?
- Want to be able to express your authentic needs when it comes to love or hooking up?
- Want to meet other like-minded men who enjoy love and sex with men (MSM)?
If so, this workshop is for you!
The evening will consist of a range of experiential exercises, storytelling and discussions – individually, in pairs and in groups, covering:
- Remaining sex-positive in an era of sexual health challenges.
- What do we mean by ‘great sex, less harm’?
- Learn more about Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP)
- Objectification and stereotyping of black and minority ethnic (BME) gay and bisexual men.
- Finding support around faith and sexuality.
Date: Tuesday 21st February 2017 and Tuesday 21st March. (Free!!!). You can attend one or both meetings. Don’t forget to spread the word.
Time: 6–9pm (with refreshments)
Venue: Terrence Higgins Trust, 314 Grays Inn Road WC1X 8DB
To find out more please contact:
Vernal Scott on 07468 726016 or 0207 046 6072. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Public transport: Kings Cross tube is a 5 minute walk. There are also lots of buses which serve the area. Check with TFL.
Terrence Higgins Trust is the UK’s leading HIV and sexual health charity. Love and celebrate who and what you are.