CELEBRATING 30th ANNIVERSARY OF THE BAD ALBUM – FOREVER JACKSON STAGE SHOW HITS TOWN
Saluting 30 years of Michael Jackson’s platinum-selling Bad album – award-winning, critically-acclaimed stage show Forever Jackson is coming to town.
Bad sold 500,000 copies within just five days of its UK release. It went to number one in 25 countries, selling a total of 45 million copies. Five of its songs topped the UK charts.
Forever Jackson producer Pete Tobit, of GRT Entertainments, says that Bad’s place in music history was not confined to mere record sales. “The supporting live tour grossed £100m,” he says.
“Forever Jackson captures the moment with superb musicianship, electrifying choreography, stunning audio visual projections and jaw-dropping special effects.”
For 2017 Forever Jackson sees the Bad album’s many highlights including The Way You Make Me Feel, Man in the Mirror, Dirty Diana, Smooth Criminal, Another Part of Me and, of course, the title track climax the production.
“But far more than that,” says Pete, “Forever Jackson takes you from The Jackson 5, through The Jacksons and on to MJ’s rise to become The King of Pop.”
Crowned Britain’s No1 UK Michael Jackson production at the UK National Tribute Awards, star of the show, Robin Parsons, has even had the honour of performing before Michael Jackson. Robin appeared at the Orpheum Theatre in Los Angeles as part of the pop legend’s lavish 45th birthday celebrations.
Pete Tobit promises that – thanks to incredible attention to detail– fans of the King of Pop are in for a jaw-dropping, ultimately authentic experience.
- “Not only do Robin’s 100 per cent live, pitch-perfect vocals sound precisely like Michael,” he says, “the resemblance is uncanny.”
- Robin is transformed into MJ thanks to a three-hour process using only theatrical make-up. And both he and the tightly-choreographed accompanying all-girl dance team Hip Hop Pop are attired in costumes that meticulously recreate Michael’s imminently flamboyant stage costumes.
- “Every little detail, from his distinctive dance moves right down to Michael’s smallest mannerism is reproduced absolutely faithfully,” says Pete.
- “Featuring a superbly-talented live band, special effects and unique projections, Forever Jackson is a visual and audio treat. Its lavish, brand-new Legacy of a Legend tour sees the production destined to become 2016’s stage show of the year.”
- Tour manager for Michael Jackson’s HIStory Tour, Norbert Sinnhuber, was moved to say of Robin’s performance: “The whole show creates the feeling of an MJ live concert and is a revival and reincarnation of the music from an all-time great artist.”
All the million-selling hits feature including: Thriller, Beat It, Billie Jean, Can You Feel It, Blame it on the Boogie, I Want You Back, Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough and Rock With You.