The role of Police Officer is like no other. It can be tough and unpredictable at times but it can also be extremely rewarding and no two days are ever the same. You will work towards making life safer and more secure for those living within your local community.
You will be fully trained to protect the public, provide a reassuring presence in the community, support victims of crime and investigate complex offences using a mixture of cutting-edge technology and time-proven traditional methods.
Amongst other criteria, candidates must meet the following:
- Be aged 18 years of age or older.
- Be either a British Citizen or be residing in the UK free of restrictions.
- Have a full manual British/EU driving licence.
- Have two A Levels graded A-E (Pass), or equivalent, or higher.
- Have obtained a Certificate in Knowledge of Policing (CKP) or be willing to obtain this by 23 October 2017.
- Live within twenty crow miles of two of our main police stations. Consideration might be given to those living up to 30 crow miles of two of our main police stations with priority given to those who can be posted to work in Oxford, Slough or Reading. Applicants are reminded that a degree of flexibility is expected in terms of postings.
What We Offer (correct as at 14 June 2017)
- On successfully completing all aspects of the recruitment process your starting salary will be £22,896 (plus £2,000 South East allowance).
- Annual leave of 22 days increasing with length of service.
- Training and development opportunities throughout your career with potential to work in specialist departments or apply for promotion.
- Access to a range of services and support networks – Police Federation, Police Mutual, Central Sports & Social Club, Thames Valley Gay Police Association, Thames Valley Police SAME (Support Association for Minority Ethnic staff), Women’s Network and others.
To join Thames Valley Police as a Police Officer, the first stage of the recruitment process is to attend an eligibility event. You will attend an informative session for a morning or afternoon with members of People Services where they will check your documents, assess whether you are eligible to apply, run through the recruitment schedule and answer any questions you may have. The schedule for these events is below:
- Monday 03 July 2017 17:00-19:00 Slough, Berkshire
- Monday 03 July 2017 10:00-12:00 Kidlington, Oxfordshire
- Monday 03 July 2017 14:00-16:00 Kidlington, Oxfordshire
- Friday 07 July 2017 10:00-12:00 Kidlington, Oxfordshire
- Monday 10 July 2017 14:00-16:00 Kidlington, Oxfordshire
- Tuesday 11 July 2017 16:00-18:00 Kidlington, Oxfordshire
- Thursday 13 July 2017 10:00-12:00 Sulhamstead, Berkshire
- Thursday 13 July 2017 14:00-16:00 Sulhamstead, Berkshire
- Friday 14 July 2017 10:00-12:00 Sulhamstead, Berkshire
For an appointment on one of the above dates please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your full name
- Your contact telephone number
- Your highest qualification(s)
- The postcode of your home address
- Three dates/times you could attend a meeting
Emails will be dealt with on a first come, first served basis and a member of the team will be in touch to confirm the details of your appointment and advise what you need to bring with you. Any emails received with missing information will be returned and therefore cause delay in your booking. We will only be booking appointments via email for this recruitment drive.
For further information, including details of our eligibility criteria, please visit the force website.