Consistently rated in the top three UK university institutions, Imperial College London is a world leading science-based university whose reputation for excellence in teaching and research attracts students (11,000) and staff (6,000) of the highest international quality.
Innovative research at the College explores the interface between science, medicine, engineering and management and delivers practical solutions that enhance the quality of life and the environment – underpinned by a dynamic enterprise culture.
Join Imperial and be part of a world leading community of research, teaching and innovation. Bring your skills, expertise and personality to our workforce.
The Equality and Diversity Unit
Whilst fitting within the wider HR (Human Resources) department, we are a dedicated Equality and Diversity Unit mandated to promote and embed all aspects of equality throughout the College’s communities.
Our main responsibilities and remit includes the following:
- Influencing and advising on best practice in equalities, specifically ensuring compliance with equalities legislation and the College’s own policies, procedures, and processes
- Mainstreaming equality and inclusiveness throughout all practices and functions
- Providing a variety of equality and diversity training courses for members of the College, as well as development programmes
- Ensuring the College’s diversity networks groups are maintained, facilitating two way communication, and ensuring year on year progress
- Building collaborative working relationships with appropriate community groups, professionals and sector-wide peers
- Promoting equality and in collaboration work to eliminate all forms of discrimination