At Plymouth University, you’ll find the space to develop your talents, the freedom to ring the changes and the opportunity to grow as part of our welcoming and inclusive community. We understand the real benefits of having a diverse community of staff and students who value each other, and we want to employ people who appreciate the contribution that each individual makes, and help us to be an open and accessible university, delivering teaching and research that makes a difference.
We’re already an ambitious, world-class university. By placing enterprise at the heart of everything we do, we have developed an innovative and creative culture that empowers people. This is the type of university we want to be.
Our mission is also to advance knowledge and transform lives through education and research, and we also have a set of core values that define us. They guide how we make our decisions and how our staff, students and stakeholders work with each other.
- Spirited in providing an ambitious, inspiring, enterprising and friendly learning and working environment for our students and staff.
- Connected to our communities in taking a partnership approach with individuals and organisations to spark creativity and maximise our impact.
- Creative in celebrating and respecting difference in background, identity, ideas and beliefs and encouraging a creative and inclusive working and learning environment.
- Pioneering by embedding an enterprising approach through all of our activities, creating an environment where good ideas are welcomed and fostered, tested and acted upon.
- Expert in what we do through the valuable contributions, passions and talents of our staff, students and partners.
- Empowering in enabling our students, staff and partners to think for themselves, make their own decisions, and make a difference.
- Enterprising in all that we do and how we do it.
We employ over 3,000 staff, so whatever your expertise and ambition, we’ve got a career opportunity to match. From academic, teaching and research positions to technical, management and administrative roles, you’ll find opportunities at every level, across all our campuses.