In Celebration of My Sisters (ICOMS) is the UK’s largest and longest running family friendly Mother’s Day Show celebrated by African Caribbean Women for International Women’s month.
The variety show show started 29 years ago at the Brixton Academy ICOMS has played in over 10 UK cities, performed at the Royal Festival Hall to sell-out audiences and performed to over 50,000 people.
ISOMS has showcased a number of top celebrities including up and coming artists. A night of Lovers rock, Oprah, Raggae, Soul, Comedy, Religious Blessings, Motivational Speakers, Motorsport, Poetry plus Music from The Windrush era.
This event is celebrating the fabulous Windrush woman.
Fairweather Productions in association with Windrush 75 Networks presents:
In Celebration of My Sisters:A Mothers Day Windrush Concert
- Donna Spence – Host
- Carroll Thompson – Queen of Lovers Rock
- Felicity Ethnic – Queen of Comedy
- Audrey Scott – Queen of Lovers Rock
- The Freedom Band – Music from the 1950s – 1990s
- Shanique Benjamin – Croydon Poet Laureate
- Johnny Orlando – Classic Windrush Music
- Melody Compton – Pegasus Opera Company
- O’rael is Mr Ray Charles – The sound of Ray Charles
Carmen Munroe – Desmond’s
Alisa Flemming – Civic Mayor of Croydon
- Marcia Dixon MBE – Religious Blessings
- Christine Giscombe – Motivational Speaker
- Carol Glenn – Motorsport
- Amanda M Alexander
- Female Dignity
There will be a free women’s expo in the Fairfield Hall Foyer from 5-9.30pm. Stands and businesses are owned by women. Enquiries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Extract from the upcoming play The Front Room: a Windrush Story starring Paulette Harris-German.
Every Windrush elder aged 75 years and over will receive a complimentary Windrush certificate.
Doors Open: 7pm
Act 1: 7:30pm – 9pm
Interval: 9pm – 9:30pm
Act 2: 9:30pm – 10:30pm
All timings are approximate and may change on day
A show about trying to be a good person while staying a badman. Join the star of Live…
Student choirs from all over the UK will be gathering to perform at the nail biting University Gospel Choir…