UMA Ent: COP26 Climate x Culture Conference (Aurora, Nick Mulvey + more)

Saturday 6 November 2021

On Saturday, 6 November 2021, UMA Entertainment presents a COP26 Special Event exploring the role that music and entertainment plays in the fight against climate change, in partnership with Future For HumanityIvy FarmStabalPPL and PRS for Music.

 

The format follows a lineup of panels and presentations from expert speakers across the climate, music and entertainment industries discussing: climate action and youth leadership, culture and climate, music industry partnerships and climate action, artists and climate action. The full schedule can be seen below.

The daytime conference is followed by an evening of live music (aged 14+) and an After Show from 11pm – 2am (aged 18+), both ticketed separately. Tickets to the live music and After Show are available via the venue’s ticketing platform. This listing is for the daytime conference.

80% of profits from this event will be donated to Brian Eno’s charity EarthPercent, making grants to the most effective organisations working on the climate crisis. The remaining 20% will be donated to social impact charities in Glasgow, helping to support the local community.

SCHEDULE

For full information, visit the official website.

SPEAKERS

  • Aurora (Artist)
  • Andy Cato (Groove Armada, Wild Farmed)
  • Clover Hogan (Force of Nature)
  • Fay Milton (Music Declares Emergency)
  • Kumi Naidoo (Africans Rising)
  • Maryam Pasha (TEDxLondon and Climate Curious Podcast)
  • Nick Mulvey (Artist)
  • Prof. Carly McLachlan (Tyndall Centre for Climate Research, Manchester)
  • Ross Patel (MMF)
  • Sophia Mathur (Citizens’ Climate Lobby Canada)
  • Sophie Shnapp (Earth/Percent)
  • Teresa Moore (A Greener Festival)
  • Will Hutton (Beggars Group)
  • + more to be announced

More Glasgow Listings MORE

Glasgow Saturday 23 March

Tech Conference for Black Women

Come join us for an inspiring event dedicated to uplifting diversity in tech and empowering Black Women to Pursue Careers…

Glasgow Sunday 24 March

Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood brings his jam packed hour of pure heavyweight punchlines and anecdotes. Get set for a night…

Romesh
Glasgow Saturday 6th April 2024

Romesh Ranganathan: Hustle

After a sell-out tour in 2022, Romesh is back with a brand-new show examining the human condition. Are…