Every day our teams across the UK and beyond deliver outcomes to improve citizens’ lives.
Our work is challenging, high profile and rewarding. You probably already know that we protect the UK border and issue passports, but did you know that if you worked for the Home Office you could be helping to:
- Attract talent from around the world to boost our economy
- Support the fight against modern slavery
- Reduce the impact of drugs in our communities by tackling organised crime
- Provide official certificates to help people trace their ancestors
- Target criminals involved in illegal working
- Build and run vital systems delivering public services
- Run high profile campaigns such as those to tackle domestic abuse and to increase police numbers
- Create and deliver policies to support policing and fire services
- Help refugees build safe and settled lives
To deliver this work is a team effort, and we rely on talented people with a wide range of skills and experience. And that’s where you come in: whether your skills lie in customer service or accounting, software engineering or making policy, it’s likely we’ll have a role you’ll be interested in.
We are committed to representing modern Britain in all its diversity and creating a welcoming, inclusive workplace where all our people can bring their whole selves to work and perform at their best.
We are flexible, skilled, professional and diverse. We work to recruit and retain disabled staff and are a Disability Confident Leader. We are proud to be one of the most ethnically diverse departments in the Civil Service. We are proudly a Social Mobility Foundation top 75 employer.
To see a general overview of some of the employee benefits offered by the Home Office for non-Senior Civil Service roles, please watch the video above. Please view individual job adverts to understand the benefits that apply to specific vacancies.
So, if you’re looking to be part of a great team, where your work really matters and you get the opportunity to build a CV that will help you stand out from the crowd, check out our current vacancies.