Presenter: Dr Claire Thomas, Policy & Research Officer at the Bevan Foundation
Date: 3rd June 2020
Join us to find out more about the European Union Settlement Scheme (EUSS) and whether the scheme will protect their rights or if it is another ‘Windrush scandal’ in the making.
Why you should attend
By participating in this webinar you will learn about:
- the context of the EUSS and the changes to the immigration system;
- how it is currently operating;
- what are the challenges in ensuring people apply to the EUSS;
- potential issues after free movement ends.
Who should participate
The webinar will be of interest to anyone who wants to reduce hate and increase good relationships between different groups of people. It will be of particular interest to:
- local authority officers and members working with European migrants;
- professionals with an interest in equality and human rights in all sectors;
- representatives of groups of migrants including migrant workers and international students;
- faith and community groups who are supporting European migrants.
A clinical, cultural and spiritual look at the intersection of African-American Mental Health and Black Theology About this…
Sadler’s Wells, Pina Bausch Foundation and École des Sables present Dancing at Dusk — A moment with Pina…
Join Kwaku BBM as we mark British Black Music Month 2020 every Friday evening 6pm-9pm (UK GMT +1)…
Join Debbie LeeKeenan, Lecturer, Consultant and Co-Author of Leading Anti-Bias Early Childhood Programs: A Guide for Change. This…
PechaKucha Night Manchester Vol. 31 – ‘Migration’ For our 31st PechaKucha we’re focussing on the theme of migration….
This webinar is for white people. White people who mean well and want to help. White people who…
This lecture will engage with the black British experience in mainland Britain and introduce ideas of black British…
In this follow up to her previous Queen Nzingha online lecture , African Hair before Bondage (see video…