The opening night of the Book Bash continues with one of the great stars of contemporary writing — poet, memoirist and broadcaster Lemn Sissay.
His voice — both on and off the page — is known to millions. His recent radio series Lemn Sissay is The One and Only and Lemn Sissay’s Social Enterprise have both been runaway hits. His brand new poetry collection — Let The Light Pour In — will be published the week before his appearance here.
Lemn will be delivering a talk about the process of writing his latest work (composed over a decade!) as well as performing some poems. He’ll take questions from the audience and will be happy to sign books.
A bit about Lemn’s new book
Let The Light Pour In
For the past decade, Lemn Sissay has composed a short poem as dawn breaks each morning. Life-affirming, witty and full of wonder, these poems chronicle his own battle with the dark and are fuelled by resilience and defiant joy. Let the Light Pour In is a collection of the best of these poems, and a book celebrating this morning practice.
- ‘How do you do it?’ said night
- ‘How do you wake up and shine?’
- ‘I keep it simple,’ said light
Date and time: Fri, 6 Oct 2023 20:00 – 21:30 BST
Location: Mannington Hall Mannington Hall Norwich NR11 7BB
Book Ticket here
Good to know
- The event will start promptly at 20:00pm. The car park is a short walk from the event tent, so please arrive at Mannington Hall 15 minutes before. That way, you won’t be in a rush, and we’ll be able to get everyone seated comfortably in plenty of time.
- This event will be suitable for people aged 12 and up.
- Yes, Lemn’s book will be for sale! And yes, you can get your copy signed!
- Your ticket grants you access to the grounds of Mannington (on the day of the event). Find out about the gardens, walks and wildlife on offer by visiting manningtongardens.co.uk
- For transport information, please visit manningtonbookbash.co.uk
- Any questions? Emailcontact@thebookhive.co.uk or phone 01603 219268