Palm wine is an alcoholic beverage created from the sap of various species of palm tree such as the palmyra, oil palms, date palms, and coconut palms.It is known by various names in different regions and is common in various parts of Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, South America, and Micronesia.
Join us for a very interesting evening related about palmwine and its significance to Africa.
The evening will include the following activities :
- Film screening of the award wining documentary film, IKO NDỤ : The Palm wine Story
- Question and Answer session with the producer of Iko Ndụ, Ọba Kosi Nwọba
- Book Discussion about Amos Tutuola’s book, The Palmwine Drinkard, led by
- Sarah Ozo-Irabo of Books and Rhymes
- General discussion about the palm wine cultures around Africa and beyond
- Palm wine tasting Session and Refreshments
Embark on a journey through the Swahili Coast’s vibrant history and cultural preservation. Save the date for an…
Lorna Blackman Presents A True Account Of Hyacinth Testimony Of Dementia. Lorna Re Will Bring Hyacinth Testimony To…
While Lorenzo “Zo!” Ferguson could be classified as a beat-maker based on his early hip-hop releases and productions…