Join us for Windrush Food Fest at Wolves Lane Horticultural Centre to celebrate and honour the Windrush Generation across the Borough of Haringey.
Guests and activities include:
– Robbie Samuda, The Rockstone Gardener Grow Your Own
– Tobi Akingbolagun, Britain’s Best Home Cook Semi finalist 2018
– Test your knowledge with Our Fruits and Rootz Quiz
– Meet the Black Rootz Team
– Step back into history with our Windrush Exhibition
– Take a trip around the Caribbean at the food tasting station
– Join the discussion From Windrush to Wolves Lane
– Visit Organiclea glasshouse and see what they grow and saw
– Sign up for a free giuded tour of the Centre
– Nature Hunt for children
Spend a fun evening in nature with your family and friends!
If you want to find out more or get involved, please contact Aisha.Khan@ubele.org
About Wolves Lane Horticultural Centre www.wolveslane.org
Organized by The Ubele Initiative and Black Rootz.
Windrush Food Fest is part of Haringey Windrush Day Celebration 2019 and Haringey Festival of Learning.
The Windrush Leave Ignorance, Value Education, Enterprise & Excellence” (L.I.V.E) project honours the memories of those migrants, many…