Best-Selling Author Makonnen Sankofa (The Rise of Rastafari) founded The Black Books Webinar monthly events in May 2020. The event is also hosted by Makonnen. Each month Makonnen invites a variety of authors of African heritage to come on his online webinar and speak about their books. The webinars showcase the wide-variety of books written by black authors ranging from children’s books, history, relationships, culture, health, poetry, real-life stories.
October is Black History Month and we are going to celebrate it in style with a heavyweight line-up of black authors which include best-selling authors, award winning authors, a University Professor and an African Prince! There will also be a traditional African storytelling session by Sola Story (co-founder of Rebirth of The Griot Storytelling Showcase).
- Makonnen Sankofa (Host and Author of The Rise of Rastafari)
- Dr William Lez Henry – Whiteness Made Simple: Stepping into the Grey Zone
- Prince Dynast Amir: It’s Libation Time: A Children’s Guide to The Ancestors
- Winsome Duncan (Peaches Publications) – Look Like Me Book Challenge
- Chantel Nyame – Generational Wealth: A guide for parents to build wealth for their children
- Maisie Barrett – THE TRUTH: How Africans Fought against Slavery from Their Homeland, upon High Seas, and Continued on the Slave Land
- Sola Story (Rebirth of The Griot) – African Storytelling
- Natrel Mystic – Co-Author of Life Inna Lockdown & Look Like Me Book Challenge Facilitator
- Rijole Bitata – Adinkra Colouring Book
- Nurses Association of Jamaica (UK) – 40 Years of Service
Join Black Culture Market for their exciting Winter event for Christmas. Black Culture Market is the destination to…
Get ready to be uplifted by the soul-stirring songs and narrative of Gospel Sundays: The Amazing Grace Show…
From West Side Story to Biden’s America: Kwamé Ryan shares the USA’s untold stories, including the UK premiere of…
Join us on our three-hour drive showing London’s top tourist attractions from an African/Caribbean perspective. There is at…