A Journey through the most interesting periods Black history from Ancient Africa to Black Britain via the Caribbean.
Ancestry Talks has given hundreds of people access to expert insight into tracing African, Caribbean & British ancestry and bringing their Black history to life.
Presenting genealogy discoveries interwoven with Black history references, you are invited to discover how Black ancestry and Black history can be harnessed as powerful tools for personal development, self-empowerment and increasing self-esteem
In this talk, Paul Crooks will:
- Highlight key topics and events along the Black History timeline
- Emphasise events where ‘Africans at home and abroad’ have taken action – on a grand scale – to shape their future and the future of others
- Inspire, encourage and uplift you with African & Caribbean ancestry
- Africa: Before the rise of Capitalism (10 -15 mins)
- Africans in Caribbean: From Enslavement to Emancipation (10 -15 mins)
- Black & British: The Windrush Generation (5 mins)
- Reclaiming and drawing inspiration from the Past (5 mins)
Q&A (20 mins)
- This talk is designed primarily to help improve the self-respect of black people young and old and give them a brighter, more optimistic outlook. It’s also designed to help other people view African Diasporans with more appreciative eyes.
WHO IS THIS TALK FOR?
The talk is suitable for you if
- you want to develop your knowledge and understanding of black history
- you’re new to exploring family history
- you have some experience of searching for your ancestors but want to develop your skills and knowledge further
- you’ve have started, but your hit difficulties moving forward with you search
HOW TO GET THE EVENT LINK
Links to the one hour online live cast will be provided via an automated email an hour before the event starts.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Paul Crooks is unique as a published author and genealogist with a specialist interest in Black ancestry and African Caribbean history. He came to prominence with his pioneering research into African Caribbean genealogy During the 1990s, when he became the first to trace his family history back 6 generations, from London to his ancestors captured off the West African coast 200 years ago. He discovered his ancestors were enslaved on a sugar plantation in Jamaica. His books, Ancestors and A Tree Without Roots – The Guide To Tracing British, African And Asian Caribbean Ancestry brought him international recognition for his breakthrough research into Black ancestry.
Paul appeared on Who Do You Think You Are? with Moira Stuart as the expert in African Caribbean family history. He is credited with inspiring an upsurge in interest in Black and British ancestry. He is also recognised for having spawned an industry in African Caribbean genealogy.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT ANCESTRY TALKS
Watch and learn more about Ancestry Talks with Paul Crooks.
Delve into the rich tapestry of Black history with our enlightening online event, “Black History Month: Legendary African…
Kern Carter, will share the pain and joy behind his book’s creative process as well as his journey…
Join renowned genealogist Paul Crooks for an enlightening online event this Black History Month. Titled “Black Ancestry |…
Paul Crooks blends Black History and his Family History to bring the back stories of Caribbean and North…
Blending Black History with Black genealogy. Paul Crooks reveals how he used the Slave Compensation Records to bring…
Unveiling new, pioneering, and empowering research that throws new light on naming practices in North America. Paul…
Black British family historian Paul Crooks reveals how he traced his Great Great Great Great Grandmother. Paul’s family…
Discover the strategic resilience of Jamaica’s Maroon leaders in the fight for emancipation. Explore the captivating saga…