Take part in an investigation of a haunted mill using the latest paranormal devices and techniques in the field and also using traditional methods in order to evidence the paranormal. Our professional team will lead you through a night where YOU become the investigators! Nothing we do is faked or staged and any activity that is experienced will be genuine.
Paranormal Activity at the Mill
Known by many as the Satanic Mills this venue is a hive of paranormal activity. People have reported being pushed by unseen hands, doors slamming shut and opening by themselves, bobbins being thrown at unsuspecting guests and whispering is heard by both staff and visitors.
The ghost of a man is said to roam with a top hat and cape.
A Victorian lady has been seen in a black dress . She is said to be searching for her child that worked in the Mill.
Apparitions of children, particularly of a little boy that is heard crying and felt tugging on people clothes to get their attention.
Armley Mills in Leeds, was first built back in the 16th Century. In 1788 that the building became the world’s largest woollen mill. In 1805 the mill was almost completely destroyed by fire. However, the owner Benjamin Gott ordered the rebuild of the mill using mainly fireproof materials such as brick and iron wherever possible. It’s Gott’s mill that you see standing to this day.
During the boom in the Industrial years, many industrial work places employed children to do the labour as they were cheap and less resistant to control and power of their elders. Children as young as five and six were employed to work in the Mill. Conditions were terrible; very long hours of work and dangerous work practices and the combination of malfunctioning machinery and human exhaustion led to many gruesome deaths.
The mill closed to the cotton industry in 1969 and was reopened as Leeds Industrial Museum in 1982.
What to Expect from a night with Kindred Spirit Investigations
• Our professional team will lead you through a night of investigation using traditional and up to date techniques of investigation using a range of tools / equipment to evidence the paranormal.
• We have intimate groups that promote more intense paranormal activity and allow you to experience a wider range of phenomenon.
• A wide range of the latest equipment and gadgets for your use throughout the night as seen on all the leading programs. Our experienced team will explain how the equipment works, what it measures and then it is up to you to try it out!
• All investigations are tailored to meet the needs and interests of the guests so if you would like to try something out that you have seen before such as a lone vigil, experimental technique or simply that you want to try a particular technique, simply inform one of our investigators that will ensure that is incorporated into the night!
• Additionally, we provide a light buffet but feel free to bring your own food if you would like or if you have specific dietary needs and requirements.
Health and Safety
Although we attempt to cater for everyone in the community, at times and due to the nature of the properties that we investigate, some of the events and locations are not suitable for those with walking / mobility difficulties, pregnant ladies or those with mental health conditions. As every venue is different, please message the page for more information.
It is advised that you always use a torch during the investigation and warm layered clothing and suitable, comfortable shoes such as trainers or pumps that will be good for stepping on uneven surfaces.
** Over 18 only and any one under the influence of alcohol, drugs or faking activity will be asked to leave and will not be entitled to a refund.
Terms and Conditions
Before booking please read our terms and conditions on our website as you will be bound to these upon booking. Please note that Kindred Spirit Investigations will not take any responsibility to personal injury before, during or after the investigation and persons booking and attending do so entirely at their own risk.
It’s time to throw out all your blues and hit the city lights for a night of George…
Direct from the West End, The Drifters Girl comes to Leeds Grand Theatre as part of a major UK &…
A new story begins… Welcome to the House of JoJo. Join TV Dance Sensation Johannes Radebe and a host of…
Multi-platinum selling artist Lemar is set to captivate audiences across the UK with his highly anticipated Closer Tour in Spring 2024. …
Tommy Blaize has one of the most recognisable voices in the UK. As the lead singer on Strictly Come Dancing for…
Triple BAFTA-winning stand-up sensation Mo Gilligan, returns with his highly anticipated In The Moment World Tour. As one of…