As we celebrate the importance of Black History Month for October. We know everyone is aware of the significance the brutal killing of George Floyd on 25th May has had. This cruel and horrible act literally changed the world in so many ways. In honour of the 47th birthday he and his family will never enjoy. We would ASK you to join us to tell the WORLD, and hopefully his family, that we still remember him and the legacy his killing has left. You can show your support by:
- Joining us for a candlelit vigil on Wednesday 14th October at 7pm in Windrush Square, Brixton, London SW2 1EF – 2 minutes from Brixton tube station. Please bring a candle.
- Send a social media message/video your Network with #deargeorge
- Sit in quiet contemplation for 8 minutes and 46 seconds
- Do your own activity amongst your Network and share with #deargeorge
- Tell the WORLD on social media what you would say to George Floyd if you could speak to him with #deargeorge
WE SAY “WHATEVER YOU DO – DO SOMETHING!”
The two videos we have collaborated on have been produced by Terence Smith at www.involve2evolve.co.uk and feature the talents of Tubby Boy and Shirina. We hope you enjoy them and share with your Networks. We cannot let this important occasion go unrecognised or unnoticed. Our ambition is to show the world that we in the UK will always remember George Floyd and that BLACK LIVES MATTER!