This training course is targeted towards youth justice practitioners and aims to enhance awareness of unconscious bias with the context of the racial disproportionality and overrepresentation of young BAME people within the youth justice system.
The training is intended to increase understanding of this complex issue and explore strategies and techniques to reduce the potential for UB to adversely impact upon practice. This course is for YOS case workers, probation staff, youth workers and the wider workforce who work directly with young BAME offenders.
- To identify the definition of unconscious bias (UB)
- Develop a clear understanding of the science and behaviour of UB
- Explore the ‘Organisational Unconscious’ across various institutions
- Examine evidence-based research for UB within the Criminal Justice System
- Support practitioners to identify their own UB and associated triggers and drivers
- Increase awareness of how to avoid UB in everyday practice
- Develop strategies and practical steps towards better and bias-free decision-making processes
- Have a better understanding of the science behind unconscious bias
- Enhanced knowledge of research and evidence base for UB across social institutions
- Increased awareness of how UB within the CJS can impact upon disproportionality and overrepresentation
- Useful techniques and strategies for identifying personal bias and avoiding suboptimal reasoning
- Strengthened approaches to improve decision making processes whilst reducing likelihood of UB
- Better understanding of how to eliminate discrimination based on UB and inequality
- Develop a greater sense of self-awareness and mindfulness in working with BAME young people within the YJS
Book a place on BOTH Uncomfortable Conversations courses (Disproportionality and Unconscious Bias) and get a 10% discount!
Click here to book now!
Set in 1962 America, Green Book follows Italian-American Tony Lip (Mortensen), who is hired to chauffeur African-American pianist…
One of the most essential documentary releases of the year, Hale County This Morning, This Evening has garnered…
History is a collection of stories. Some visible, some not. We want to make all stories visible. How?…
Full of wit and invention, Donizetti’s comic opera is a delight. The famous aria “Ah, Mes Amis,” with…
Start your weekend off the right way; with a gin cocktail in hand, listening to the best live…
Kena (Samantha Mugatsia) and free spirit Ziki (Sheila Munyiva) both dream of a life beyond the stifling confines…
Two of the UK’s leading promoters come together to create the UK’s largest National Afro Latin Dance Weekend…