Join our panel of experts to learn how black entrepreneurs are building empires online by using their influence and creativity.
Join our panel of experts to learn how black entrepreneurs are building empires online by using their influence and creativity. Following this will be an engaging and thought-provoking discussion on community building with Black Pound Day founder and So Solid Crew member, Swiss.
This event is taking place at the British Library and will be live streamed.
On the day, you can expect to:
- Learn how the Black Lives Matter movement kicked off the rise of black enterprises and the support for them
- Learn about the importance of social media for building black businesses
- Understand the reality of starting a business financially as a SME in today’s changing market
- Exploring theatre and the arts as a black owned business and the importance of representation on the stage
- Recognise the power of the black pound, financial knowledge and how to turn this into assets for the black economy
On the panel will be:
- Rachael Twumasi-Corson, CEO and Founder of Afrocenchix Ltd. At 19 Rachael co-founded Afrocenchix, an award-winning ethical start-up that creates safe, effective, vegan certified products for Afro & curly hair.
- Emmanuel Asuquo,founder of The Eman Effect UK, is a renowned, financial adviser, media personality, wealth building entrepreneur and international speaker.
- TJ Atkinson, is a Property Investor, who specialises in turning boring, ugly homes in beautiful, creative, homely masterpieces. As well as growing his portfolio, TJ focuses his skills and attention on helping people in his community get started in property through several creative property strategies.
- Indie Gordon is Head of Program at Foundervine and founder of Halo safety app. She aims to empower today’s and tomorrow’s companies, ensuring they’re tech-enabled and can weather the storm of any social, economic or environmental change.
Khai Shaw, co-founder of the theatre company Nuu Theatre and has collaborated with the English Touring Theatre Company and the Bush Theatre.
Then join our fireside chat with Swiss, founder of Black Pound Day – the UK’s biggest economic movement that supports Black-owned businesses. He is a cultural influencer, business leader, author, a highly acclaimed musician and member of The So Solid Crew. Alongside his passion for music, Swiss founded the Black Pound Day movement to support the growth and awareness of the Black businesses and economy in the UK and global diasporic communities. Recently, Swiss opened the first permanent retail store in Europe’s biggest shopping centre – Westfield London and continues to actively support hundreds of businesses across the country.
Walthamstow based she is a hybrid between two worlds. Sultry City grit and deep free spirit. Found drenched…
Ackamoor’s route to Afro-Futurist jazz began in the US in the 1960s, but was fast tracked in 1972,…
With influences ranging from Jorge Ben to Caetano Veloso and going through the manguebeat of Chico Science, the…