Bookings will close 7 days before the course starts.
- Date: 21 September – 12 October 2021
- Sessions: Tuesdays: 1pm – 3pm
- No. sessions: 4
- Venue: West Bridgford Library, Nottingham
- For ages: 19+
- Group size: 5 – 15
- Cost: FREE – £36
About this course
The course will explore the history of black people in Nottinghamshire. Beginning with the first documented black settlers and following an historical timeline it will investigate the black history, heritage and culture of Nottinghamshire
What will be covered on the course? What will be taught to learners?
- The first documented history of black settlers
- History behind The Windrush Generation
- Nottinghamshire post war
- Nottingham riots that took place in 1958
- Nottingham race relations
What will learners achieve by the end of the course?
- Knowledge of the first documented history of black settlers
- Knowledge of the Windrush generation
- A Timeline knowledge of black communities in Nottingham
What skills or knowledge do learners already need to have to attend the course?
- Learners are not required to have any previous knowledge to attend the course
Learners are advised to bring along a pen and paper.
Open at Lakeside Arts Reimag(in)ing the Victorians features sculptures, paintings, film and photography by leading artists who take inspiration from…
A performance celebrating the immense musical heritage of the Windrush Generation from a dynamic quartet led by BBC…
In conjunction with our new ticketing partner, Ticketek, we will soon launch a brand-new website and ticket booking process. Until then,…
Join LW Arts CIC for the premier of their Nottingham-based mini-film, Dancing Through Time, and enjoy a live…
Direct from the West End, The Drifters Girl comes to the Theatre Royal as part of a major UK &…
Triple BAFTA winning stand-up sensation, Mo Gilligan, returns with his highly anticipated World Tour… In the Moment. As one…