Bookings will close 7 days before the course starts.
- Date: 21 September – 12 October 2021
- Sessions: Tuesdays: 1pm – 3pm
- No. sessions: 4
- Venue: West Bridgford Library, Nottingham
- For ages: 19+
- Group size: 5 – 15
- Cost: FREE – £36
About this course
The course will explore the history of black people in Nottinghamshire. Beginning with the first documented black settlers and following an historical timeline it will investigate the black history, heritage and culture of Nottinghamshire
What will be covered on the course? What will be taught to learners?
- The first documented history of black settlers
- History behind The Windrush Generation
- Nottinghamshire post war
- Nottingham riots that took place in 1958
- Nottingham race relations
What will learners achieve by the end of the course?
- Knowledge of the first documented history of black settlers
- Knowledge of the Windrush generation
- A Timeline knowledge of black communities in Nottingham
What skills or knowledge do learners already need to have to attend the course?
- Learners are not required to have any previous knowledge to attend the course
Learners are advised to bring along a pen and paper.
Two absolute legends in the game, LTJ Bukem and Roni Size, join forces for a double headline show…
Join us for a culturally enriching webinar session and hear from various international speaker within the community that…
Join us for a culturally enriching webinar session and hear about various motivational and iconic Black figures in…
Shazia is taking on the burning (and infectious) issues of our time in her latest show; ‘Coconut’. “I…
Costadinos Contostavlos better known by his stage name of Dappy, is an British singer-songwriter, rapper, actor of Greek…
Rhys Herbert, known professionally as Digga D, is a British rapper and songwriter. He gained recognition as part…
Steam Down is a collective, a weekly night, and a genuine movement. Formed in May of 2017, the…
Sabrina is looking forward to the long awaited return to the stage with her Treehouse band. After…